Wednesday 4 April 2012

Sucre and Invisible Children

I suppose the question is, what do you get if you put Jeremy Larson, who I feel is a vastly underrated musician, together in a band with Darren King of Mutemath, and Stacey DuPree of Eisley, who, themselves, are two of the best bands on the planet right now? Well, it seems that you get Sucre, and their staggeringly exciting new album, A Minor Bird, which is out next week. Their first single, When We Were Young is a classic in the making. See below for a special performance for Invisible Children.



I cannot wait to hear this album in full. Watch this space for a hyperbolic write-up when the time comes.

2 comments:

  1. I found this page because of your review of the Neil Cowley Trio gig last night that I was at - couldn't agree more with your words! I continued to do a bit of browsing round your site, and came across this review of Sucré, who I hadn't heard of before. What a find! The album sounds fantastic, and has led to a purchase. So thanks a lot for your great taste in music!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann for your comment! That Neil Cowley Trio gig was a special night for sure. I hope you've enjoyed the Sucre album by now! I write about all kinds of stuff here when I have the time, so keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete