Monday 14 January 2013

Joel Peter - Wrap My Ankles

Joel Peter's new video is a cracker. Joel used to be in Retrofect, who I liked a lot, and used to play gigs with a fair bit. One of the few bands I used to look forward to going to see (I sound so jaded!). It was really quite sad when they called it a day, and it's great to see Joel Peter has now come along with a debut, self-titled EP of intelligent, articulate summery-pop. I'm looking forward to digging into the EP further and I'm sure I'll find more delights when I do.

(I also quite like it because my bandmate Ben is in the band, favouritism is allowed, right?)



In an entirely uncynical aside, it's nice to see a video of an indie-ish song in which the band look as if they like each other and are having fun. I must be getting old....

Check out the video, download the EP. Keep an eye on Joel Peter this year

No comments:

Post a Comment