Thursday 5 December 2013

cHANTAL cLARET


cHANTAL cLARET
C:\Users\Jamie\Documents\Current Campaigns\Chantal Claret\chantal-claret--large-msg-132459081506.jpg

Stream: ‘Pop Pop Bang Bang’:http://goo.gl/wYjCC4

“Imagine Tina Turner fronting Outkast at Bette Midler’s bat mitzvah.”
               
That’s how singer-songwriter Chantal Claret describes her solo debut The One, The Only…, a stunning album that swings with retro rhythmic swagger and songs that feel like revitalized Motown gems. Co-written and co-produced by Chantal, the album is meaty, beaty, big and bouncy, with Chantal putting a modern twist on early '60s femme-pop. "I wanted to make music that sounds like it could've been written in the '60s or '70s, but with a big fat hip-hop-like low end," she says. "Luckily for me, a lot of amazing people came together to help me pull it off--not because they were looking for a payday, but because they believed in the songs and that means everything to me. I hustled my ass off to make this record happen. I'm really proud of it and hope people have as much fun listening to it as I had making it." Chantal enlisted the likes of Rob Kleiner (David Guetta, Cee-Lo), Pigeon John, Lionshare, Mher Filian and mixer Mark “Exit” Goodchild (Erykah Badu, Cee-Lo) to help bring her musical vision to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment